Monday, March 7, 2011

So Far Away

I have spent most of the day day dreaming with my favourite dreamer. And it was good.

We bandied about theories on what makes appropriate semi formal dinner ware, and we dicussed beach front property. It was good.

We bargained for decor, and divied up imaginary rooms. It was good.

We even discusseed what it would take to live the dream. It was bad.

As with so many things in life, this dream involved chasing tiny pieces of green paper around until we caught enough of them. I sometimes wonder what life would be like if we didn't have to do this, didn't have to whore ourselves out.

I also wonder why it is some people have so damn much of it when the rest of us have so damn little.

It annoys me that society deems what Alex Rodriguez does is more valuable than what I do. And not even by a small margin. Think of it this way, A-Fraud makes approximately 1103 times what I did at my highest paying job. It angers me a bit that this dude has millions of dollars while people starve. I think until we manage to reconcile that every life has value, and that paying stupid money to people to do stupid things is not progress.

Think of it this way. Charlie Sheen has so much FU money that he can melt down and never have to worry about it. He can piss off and alienate every one on the planet, but who cares, the guys great greta great grandchildren never have to work a day in their lives.

This is all just sour grapes because I see how far away my dream is, how tiny of a speck on the horizon it is. I am seperated from it by an ocean and a desert, and I have no boat and no camel.

I think though I might as well work towards it. Work harder than I have ever worked in my life, because if something is worthwhile, and if it is truly great, then it must be worth fighting for, and worth working my ass off for.

So I guess this is me tossing my hat over the wall, dropping the gauntlet, pissing on the electric fence. This is me saying come hell or high water, by December 2012 I am going to be in Florida. I am going to have the dream, and if my favourite dreamer wants to meet me there, so be it.

Is this a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment