Monday, March 14, 2011

One Monkey Week March 6-12

One Week of Blogs in One Paragraph

The week started off on a high note about dreaming, then a little bit of the old fiction made an appearance. I am going to continue working on the story, but since reaction was limited, it's going to remain in the dark until it is done. At this point we learn that I am a very serious monkey. this point, I take a little break from reality and complain about stupid people. The blog rounds the week out with a ramble about manhood and a lazy hazy post of a blog entry that previously din't even make the cut.

Monkey Messages.

These are the messages of the day I post.


Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.- Benjamin Franklin

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill

If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.- Paul Newman

Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise man to be able to sell it. - Samuel Butler

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.- Carl Sagan


The Musical Interlude.

Here are your songs of the day for this past week.

Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer Rarely do I match the song to the blog, but this just sort of made sense to me that day. I am a very sappy loser!

Three Days Grace - The Good Life Just a hapy go lucky song about getting over on the rest of the world. I really like the idea of going for it because any day could be your last. Why waste time? Why not grab for it, just in case right?


The Free Design - Love You This is a song about life. It is about letting go of reality and just being you, and being free. Just go ahead and be carefree like a child, cause the world is a serious place, but that doesn't mean you have to be serious.

Foreigner - I want to Know what love is This was a special dedication. I had been having a rather long and involved conversation about what exactly love is. Me! The king of unrequited love! All I know is the downside, but I figure, if you reverse it all then you know what it really is, right?

Rage Against The Machine - How I could Just Kill A Man This is Rage Covering Cypress Hill. Very good stuff. What can I say, if you have lived your life in relative security, where your food comes from a grocery store, you just might not get it.

Weekly Nirvana

This is off their first album, most people don't own it.



Podcast of The Week

This week, I am focusing on a podcast from a fellow traveller and not quite there dude. I mean not quite there, not in the sense of crazy, but in the sense of just on the cusp of reaching his sweet spot/dreams.

The host is Mike Schmidt. The guy is truly funny and entertaining. He has great stories to tell, and he tells them in a self depricatingly funny way. That may in fact be the reason I like it so muc. There is something to be said for the fact that a person is able to examine their own foible, and present them to others without shame or self conscious editing.

I have to admit, at first, I was very annoyed with his producer/co-host, burlesque star Lili Von Shtupp. All you can really hear from her is annoying laughter. It was grating at first for two reasons. 1. It is one of those incredibly high pitched laughs. 2. She seemed to find every third sentence funny, whether it was or not. After listening to a few of the casts I started to understand, and appreciate her role more. She is there more for motivation and realities sake than she is for anything else. Not having her would most likely make the host back down from his rants, leaving them flat and short, lacking the truly stream of consciousness quality that is central to the theme of the show. The thing is, she is most likely laughing because of his expressions and gestures. She adds to the show by making it feel like a conversation between two friends, rather than a staged entertainment vehicle. In this case, one of the friends is ridiculously funny, and the other one has big boobs and laughs a lot.

I strongly reccomend that you check out the show known as The 40 year old Boy. It is well worth your time, and might be the first podcast I am willing to pay real money to listen to....that could just be because he is saying all the stuff that goes through my own head....he should not be pleased with that.

One Monkey Toy


It is the Dyson vaccuum. I have chosen this because let's face it, even monkeys need to have a clean cage from time to time, so you might as well be using something pretty freaking cool and sciency while your doing it, amiright? I don't understand the dyson much, but it seems far out there in the realm of suction technology. The next step will be to make it remote controlled.


Wrap Party

Well, that's it for this week. It is a day late from when I intended to post it, but better late than never. This is a weekly feature, making it's return to my blog, which I will attempt to make happen as much as possible going forward. Like I said earlier in the week, it is time to get off my sweet sweet man butt and get this back on track. Not sure where we stand with the podcast. I am still mulling things over on how to make it work right. Hopefully I will have a yay or nay by the end of the week.

As always, I welcome your feedback and ideas. Let me hear from you so I can tailor your experience, or tell you to go jump in the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment