Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Monkey Week Mar 28- Apr 3

One Week of Blogs in One Paragraph

The week began with an Alleyless, and talentless podcast, then the real magic happened and I tried to write poetry for a friend. Which reminds me, I need to either use smaller pictures or reformat the whole damn thing cause you can't even see the awesome Davey and Goliath pic, or Megan fox's left boob, which many say is her best boob. After that, all bets were off and it became a free for all, in which I may have discussed Canadian politics and dirty hippies. The only thing left was to make a lame April Fool's Joke and to end on an up note with a short piece on Baseball's opening day.

Monkey MessagesWe are one species.

We are starstuff.- Carl Sagan


One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one.- Agatha Christie


Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.- Mae West


You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.- Albert Einstein


Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. - Aristotle


The Musical Interlude

Note: It would appear that Friday night is not a time for posting songs on the interwebs. I must get better at this. If you must know, I was busy watching the game.

Buckcherry - Rescue Me. A pretty good post grunge song about a guy trying to get him some love. Dude is not perfect, and he is trying to convince his love of choice he is worth taking the chance. I like the idea of a guy who has been beaten down by love trying to get back up off the canvas.

Joe Satriani - Friends
. Yes I have an unhealthy interest in guitarists. Yes this was simply a companion piece for the blog. It really is a beautiful song though. Satriani has a great guitar voice.

Linkin Park - What I've Done.
These guys are really great lyric writers and this song, though used in a terrible movie, is fantastic. Put away the past already.

Our Lady Peace - Innocent. Speaking of great lyricists, here are some Canadians. They can write, and they can touch your soul or some such thing. This is a somewhat powerful 90's ballad that talks of redemption and of once again picking yourself up. The characters in the stories have been up and down so much it is amazing they are still trying to survive, despite not wanting to.

Weekly Nirvana




You have to dig deep for this one. Very rare song. It almost has hope in, must be why it is rare.

Podcast of The Week


This week I am going to talk about one of the big dogs, the grand daddy of podcasting. I am speaking of non other than Adam Carolla and his fantastic podcast. You may remember him from the Man Show, or from you know, being Jimmy Kimmel's bitch. Ok that isn't fair, but it is funny to me so I am going to say it anyway.

Adam Carolla is one of the early adopters of podcasting, and he makes it work real real well.

The show started basically as a project, or something to do after he was fired from terrestrial radio and still had a bunch of cheques to cash. Since then, he has built up a fantastic network, and a great internet show.

He combines all of the best elements from traditional radio morning shows, with none of the stupid sound effects....ok fewer of the stupid sound effects.

The show features a tight format that generally sees him complaining about stuff while his cohost tries to do the news or a guest tries to pimp their latest project.

The show has regular segments and games, along with regular guests who actually bring the funny.

I think there is no bigger compliment I can give a podcast than to say that most people riding on the bus with me must think I am crazy because I always have that tight smile on my face that means I am trying desperately to stifle a laugh.

The only thing that I actually don't like about the show is when he has a single guest on and he just does a one on one with none of the normal bits and pieces. While I understand why they do this, and in fact the show is still entertaining, I tend to miss Alison Rosen and Bald Brian. There is also a more up beat feel to the show when others are on it, rather than the quiet and more sedate feel of the single guest.

Between Adam and his co host, the lovely Alison Rosen, you can expect laughs, complaining and some good infotainment.

If you like morning shows, but hate the music, the traffic and the clutter, check out this daily cast. It is well worth the listen.

You Tube Video of the Week.

So, I have been trying to build up the twitter following, and fill out my youtube channel. In so doing I have been exposed to some crap. One of the people who is not crap is @Mr_AndrewHunt

Despite the fact that this guy spams a lot of tweets (it's ok, I spam him back) he comes up with some real funny stuff, and he also has a youtube channel with stuff like this on it.




Pretty fun series of one liners, and well worth the trip to youtube land.

One Monkey Toy

I am playing dress up again, only this time it is in a Sherlock Holmes outfit.

You too can play dress up, it is fun and not at all gay as long as you are a studly man type like a jedi or Shelock Holmes....or a girl, unless you are playing a studly man type...

I just find it freeing to picture all the possibilities. Remember kids, playing with toys is all about imagination, and if you can't picture yourself as Sherlock Holmes, gallivanting across London solving crimes with the awesomeness of Watson at your side, then you aren't really playing now are you?

Wrap Party

Well there you have it, the week that was according to my messed up brain. Looking ahead to this week you can expect a creative project involving my new Alison. I believe this week I will be getting the love of one Alison while losing the respect of another...not sure how that is going to work. Plus I have some writing to do and a great little project in the works that might mean cool stuff for all of us.

Make sure you find us on twitter and facebook and all that jazz.

Leave comments (you don't have to sign up to do so) or email us: onemonkeymedia@gmail.com and we will send you free stuff.... or just a strongly worded reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment