Sunday, November 28, 2010

One Monkey Week Nov 22-28

I am not going to apologize for how this is going to go. This is my first aggregate blog post. Hopefully it works out.

One week of blogs in one paragraph.

I joined everyone else on the internet and blogged about not blogging, then I began my highly publicised meltdown. Some might have thought it was about this clever Barenaked Ladies Reference. In reality, it had more to do with misbegotten youth than it dd with misfiring neurons and seratonin reuptake issues, which is the Big Bang Theory description of love. I took a few minutes out of making an ass of myself to direct you all why white men do not like people to touch their junk, and how the media burries the lead underneath a social accepted koleidiscope of colour. As an aside, if you are interested in Toronto's gang history, you may want to check it out as well. After that, shit got sour. I started posting about my emotions, which is never a good idea. So to sum up, I am still living with my ghosts, I am a lonely bastard, I listen to too much white guy radio, and I mistreat the internet as my own personal crying towel.

& monkey messages.

These are the messages of the day from Facebook.

There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts
broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream -
whatever that dream might be. - Pearl S. Buck

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is
to discover them.Galileo Galilei


Uhmmmm....so the rest got accidentally deleted when I transfered management of the page over to someone else. Oops, my bad. You can safely assume there were a bunch of really cool quotes from some of the best thinkers of our time. That reminds me, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) did the coolest most awesomest thing. He wrote an auto biography, and left strict instructions that it not be published for 100 years after his death. I often wonder if this guy was truly one of the greatest thinkers ever, or just a collection of ideas someone found and aggregated. This proves that the former is true. A brilliant brilliant man, if a bit of a douchey product of his time.

Anyway, next week, I should have the full list of quotes for you.


The musical interlude.

Here are the songs of the day, those that were not deleted.

Stone Sour - Zzyzx Rd. Just a brilliant song from a dude who wears make up. It is sometimes hard to believe that the front man from Slipknot (a pretty good metal band) is also the front man from this band. A real smart funny dude, and his music is worth checking out. This song, in particular speaks volumes to me. Desperation is a dangerous trap.

Breaking Benjaimin - Away One of my favourite bands. Obsession is a dangerous game. Sometimes, it is far better to walk away than it is to feed the animals at the zoo. This is one monkey that you may wish to pass by, lest he fling a little present at you.

Three Days Grace - Wake Up Another great post grunge rock band, this time from the Canada. This song is an interesting beggary for a second chance. In my head it is about me trying to find my way back to myself. Sort of like my new self clamouring for my old self. Wondering where I went to, and why I am not here to save me. I think sometimes, I wish for that old protective shell. I feel myself slipping in to it more and more. It is like putting on a comfortable set of clothes that just screams you.

Drowning Pool - Bodies 1. Nothing wrong with me. 2. Nothing wrong with me. 3. Nothing wrong with me. 1. Somethingès gotta give. A continuation of the thought of returning to who I feel comfortable being. I think we all try hard to be the person people will like and care two taxi chits about. Sometimes I think it is easier to be the inner angry voice, than it is to be the outer, more acceptable me. This song is about being the inner you. Being me is about not caring about what you think, so be you, and let the bodies hit the floor.

Weekly Nirvana.

Seriously, did anyone think I would not get to this. Instead of always picking them for the song of the day, I felt it better to just provide you with one Kurt, Krist, and whoever happens to be drumming for them, pearl of wisdom a week.



Breaking Up is hard to do, whether it is with a person, concept, deity, or yourself.


Podcast of the week.


It comes from the mind of Chris Hardwick, former mtv dude, and genuinely funny guy. He is a fellow geek. Some of his geek credentials include having once been Will Wheaton's roommate, having an apple genius as a co-host, and hating Dr.Who, timelord.

The podcast is full of funny people. Each week he brings on a nerd/geek culture related guest or comedian and they just go nuts.

Some highlights shows include a live on stage show with Adam Savage, a greta interview with OZZY!, a post WWDC chat with a bunch of nerds, including the gizmodo dude who stole iphone (apple geeks will understand this whole thing) and Weird Al as a guest.

I am only about halfway through listening to all of them, but not one of them failed to make me luagh out loud.

Check out the Nerdist podcast.


One Monkey Toy.

Tap Tap Revenge.

SAeriously, a guitar hero like app forr iphone, ipod touch an d iPad? How do I get in on this. Now, with multi tasking, you can just background the thing when you get a call, right in the middle of a song and return to where you left off. This is geek sweetness at it's finest.


Wrap Party.

So, that was the weeek. Not much happened really, you know, the usual. I made a fool out of myself for your entertainment, listened to some good music (which was rather difficult since the stupid iPod nano has that shake to shuffle feature, which by the way knocks you out of pause/sleep mode, so if you do not very very very gently place your nano on the table, you may inadvertantly cause it to shuffle and wake up, there by draining the batteries and causing you to have to listen to the weirdos on the bus), and had a fun time with the internets.

Later, peepsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment